Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hodge Podge Tomato Soup

So, I was thinking about what to make for lunch today and I had a thought. I know, shocker, I had a thought! See, I have all these tomatoes that I got from my friend Candy's garden that I need to use up before they go bad. So, I decided to make some Tomato Soup. See the problem with making things from a recipe is sometimes you don't always have all the ingredients. So, being broke I REALLY did not want to go to the store. So I made up my own recipe! Here's what I made:

4 large tomatoes, peeled (I hate skin)
2 tablespoons of garlic, minced
2-3 tablespoons dried savory herbs (or just use whatever you have)
2 cups (or so, i didn't really measure) of milk
1/2 cup of water
1 can of cream of potato soup (undiluted)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon (yes, cinnamon)

Cut up tomatoes into small chunks. Put all ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Turn down heat to medium and cook for approx. 10 minutes.

Now this next part is optional, but I loved it. In a small bowl mix together a cup of biscuit mix and 1/4 approx (again, I don't measure stuff when I make it up) water or milk. Drop spoonfuls of biscuit batter into the soup (before you let the soup cook for 10 minutes). Yummy dumplings! I'm all about tomato soup and dumplings, it is yum!

And that's it. You're done and enjoy. I forgot to take a picture because I was so excited to eat it. Did I mention I was hungry and hadn't had lunch??

1 comment:

  1. That does sound yummy. I'll have to try it! I've got a bunch of tomatoes that also need to be eaten.

    ReplyDelete