Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Freak Honey Incident

A few weeks ago, I did something really stupid! I was trying to warm up some honey so that I could get it out of the little plastic bottle, so I plopped it into the microwave for 30 seconds. Not a good idea!! Apparently, sugar gets real hot, real quick! When I pulled it out, it started shooting out of the plastic bottle right onto my arm. Let me just tell you, that hot honey hurts like the dickens! I put my arm under cold water, but it wasn't working. It was so bad I was crying. So I decided to run down to the InstaCare around the corner. They put some burn ointment on my arm and wrapped it up. Of course, since my body was "compromised" I had to have a tetanus shot. So, I got some pain meds and some bacitracin (topical antibiotics) and went home to die. I was able to make it to work the next day (barely) which I only did because some of my coworkers were on vacation. Luckily, I was able to leave early. I felt pretty stupid when I had to relate the circumstances of my burns (two second degree burns by the way). As one of my coworkers put it, "so basically the honey bear crapped all over you." Yes, yes it did.

Here's one of my burns. The other is on the inside of my arm, right above my elbow. Ouch!

1 comment:

  1. The worst. I hope you are recuperating nicely. Oh and cute niece and blog. I haven't checked out blogs since about June so I didn't know you had switched blogs, but this one is very cute.